Happy Skin Care Sunday!!! As you may or may not know, Oils can be used on the skin and in your hair to help clear acne, strengthen edges, grow hair follicles and more. Typically, people opt for using what are called essential oils because they are known for their volatile scents and good health benefits. My favorite, Tea tree oil, comes from tea or paper bark trees. It derives from Australia and has long been used as an antiseptic. Anyone who has used this oil knows it has the most pungent smell, but, it has some great healing properties which you can find below:
- It is an antibacterial oil-It helps to cleanse the hair and skin by eliminating bacteria
- It can be applied to cuts-Because it is an antibacterial oil, you can use it to cleanse any cuts or burns as you would with any alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- It can be used for acne-The oil can help dry out pimples
- It can be used for dark spots-Tea Tree oil dies out marks and cleanses them, prohibiting other bacteria to get into or near the skin cells.
- It can be used to stop coughs-The aroma of Tea Tree oil is strong enough to take out a cough
- It can help grow your hair-It can cleanse the hair of any dandruff and get deep inside the roots of your scalp